As you near the end of your pregnancy, you’re flooded with emotions—excitement, nervousness, anticipation of the unknown, joy. While it’s a wonderful time, it can also be stressful as you try to prepare yourself as thoroughly as possible. One of the most important tasks to complete before your due date? Packing up your hospital bag! But don’t worry, between all the mamas on our team we’ve packed enough hospital bags to learn what’s a “must-have” and what you can leave behind.
VID - Very Important Documents
- Photo ID
- Insurance cards
- Hospital forms
- Birth plan
All of the not-so-fun but so-very-important necessities.
- Extra-long phone charger
Sometimes the outlets can be far away from your bed!
- Power bank
- Portable speaker and/or headphones
If you have a birth playlist or just want to get some quiet for yourself.
- Two or three pairs of warm, non-skid socks
- Loose, lightweight clothing
- Comfy clothes for going home
- Hair ties and headbands
- Glasses and/or contact lenses if you wear them.
- Toiletries - Travel-size is best!
- Flip flops for the shower
- A soft robe and/or sweater
- Nursing bras and camis
- Any daily medication
- Your favorite pillow
- A “coming home” outfit
- Bottles (if using)
- 1-2 swaddles
- Your favorite baby bonnet
Because those very first photos will only be made cuter with the addition of a tiny bonnet!
Is there anything we missed that you loved having in your hospital bag? Let us know in the comments!