Sneaking veggies into the Mess Hall? You bet! Camp Counselor Jen is here to share her deliciously healthy recipes for nutrient-filled smoothies your kiddos will love.
My girls are suckers for a frozen treat and with smoothies the possibilities are endless! Plus, we can occasionally get them to eat nutrient-rich veggies like spinach, kale, and cauliflower when they’re being masked by our favorite fruits… WIN. In Virginia summer, it is hot hot hot (and humid) so we can make smoothies for breakfast, lunches, and snacks too. When I asked my oldest which smoothie we should share with you, she immediately responded with “my favorite one… FRUIT SALAD WITH TREES!” Full disclosure… we measure in toddler sized handfuls!
- Handful of frozen mango
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- Handful of frozen cauliflower - three “trees” will suffice.
- A sprinkle of frozen spinach - we always sprinkle a little spinach into all of our smoothies.
- Some frozen dragonfruit for color
- Half a banana
- About a cup of oatmilk (or any kind of milk you like)
- ⅛ Teaspoon of vanilla extract
Throw all of your ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth(ie)! Tada!
** We always keep a library of frozen fruit on hand in the summer, but if you would prefer, you can buy a frozen fruit mix and use three or four handfuls of that instead of the individual fruits listed above.
Shop the post: Dune Sunbonnet